- What information National Service Center collects from you
- How National Service Center uses your information
- What choices you have about how National Service Center treats your information
- How National Service Center protects your privacy
- What National Service Center does about children visiting the Web Site
- How you can contact National Service Center
1. INFORMATION NATIONAL SERVICE CENTER COLLECTS FROM YOU
Active Information Collection
Like many other Web sites, we actively collect information from our visitors both by asking specific questions on the Web Site and by permitting you to communicate directly with us via e mail. Some of the information that you submit via e-mail or the Web Site, for example, while updating your personal profile or registering for a partner program, may be personally identifiable (that is, information that can be uniquely identified with you, such as your name, business name, address, phone number, fax number, e-mail address, etc.). When you visit the Web Site, we will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it to us voluntarily.
Passive Information Collection
As you navigate through the Web Site, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) using various technologies and means, such as navigational data collection. Like most Web site operators, we track IP addresses, use both session and persistent cookies, and assign Internet tags. Our system also automatically gathers information about the areas you visit on the Web Site and collects operational information about the technology you use, such as your browser, type of computer, operating systems, Internet service providers and the domain name of the Web site from which you linked to this Web Site.
In addition, when you view the Web Site, we may store some information on your computer in the form of a cookie or similar file. Most Internet browsers enable you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. National Service Center does not collect personally identifiable information automatically, but we may tie information collected automatically to your previously submitted personally identifiable information.
We passively collect information to understand what areas of the Web Site are most popular, which areas may require improvement and what technologies are being used by our visitors. This information helps us to update and improve the Web Site. We also use this information for security purposes, to detect and to block security breaches and to provide you with a safe online environment.
2. HOW NATIONAL SERVICE CENTER USES YOUR INFORMATION
National Service Center uses your personal information to enhance the operation of the Web Site and allow you to use all of its features.
Your contact information (e.g., address and phone number) will be used for the purposes for which you supplied it to us (e.g., participating in partner programs, processing orders, etc.), to send you related notices or promotional materials and to respond to your comments or requests for information. If you direct comments to us or you request information from us, we may ask you to verify where you are doing business so that we can be assured that the response or information we provide is appropriate for that geographic location. We may also enhance or merge personally identifiable information with data obtained from third parties for the same purposes.
National Service Center will not give or sell your personally identifiable information to any outside organization for the organization’s own use without your consent. However, National Service Center may disclose your personal information to the reputable vendors that assist us in processing information or delivering the items that our customers order. These vendors are restricted from using the information for any purpose other than helping us to provide products and services. National Service Center, however, will have no liability for disclosure of information obtained due to errors in transmission or the unauthorized intervention of third parties.
National Service Center may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, online traffic patterns and related information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will not include any personally identifying information. National Service Center also will disclose any information that it is required to disclose by law or by an appropriate government authority.
Although National Service Center does not currently rent, sell, or otherwise share your information with third parties for purposes unrelated to the Web Site, it may do so in the future. If you do not want your information to be shared, you should contact us at email@example.com as described in Section 3.
3. CHOICES YOU HAVE ABOUT HOW NATIONAL SERVICE CENTER USES YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- You may view and modify the personal information you have provided to us by logging in to the “My NSC” portion of the Web Site and updating your personal profile. If you have forgotten your user name or password, you may send us an e-mail message at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-500-6421, ext. 2298 and we will help you obtain it.
- You may also send us an e-mail message at email@example.com, to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
- If you do not wish us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties, please tell us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may opt out of having your e-mail address used for promotional purposes by National Service Center. This opt out does not apply to information provided to National Service Center as a result of a purchase, service experience or other transactions.
- If you no longer wish to receive information or promotional materials from us by e mail you may opt out of receiving these communications. We offer two methods for such opt out choices. If we have sent you a promotional e mail, you may send us a return e mail asking to be omitted from future e mail distributions. You also may send us an e mail stating your request addressed to email@example.com.
4. HOW NATIONAL SERVICE CENTER PROTECTS YOUR INFORMATION
We work hard to protect your personal information. We use both technical and procedural methods to maintain the integrity and security of our databases, including the use of firewalls, encrypted data transfers, restricted access to data and user training of the system.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. If you have access to password-protected features, never share your password with anyone else, notify us promptly if you believe your password security has been breached, and remember to log off of this Web Site before you leave your computer.
The Web Site contains links to other Web sites operated by third parties that may be of interest to you. We cannot control these third party sites, which may collect personal information from you. When you follow a link and leave this Web Site, you do so at your own risk.
5. WHAT NATIONAL SERVICE CENTER DOES ABOUT CHILDREN VISITING THE WEB SITE
The Web Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect information from site visitors in this age group. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose online. If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us via e-mail if they would like this information deleted from our records. We will use reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from our databases.
6. HOW YOU CAN CONTACT NATIONAL SERVICE CENTER
If you have submitted personally identifiable information through the Web Site, or if someone else has submitted your personally identifiable information through the Web Site, and you would like to have that information deleted from our marketing databases, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then use reasonable efforts to remove your personally identifiable information from our files. You also may contact us to request the personally identifiable information that National Service Center has collected about you through the Web Site or interactive advertisements. National Service Center will use reasonable efforts to supply you with this information and correct any factual inaccuracies in this information.
National Service Center
200 Ben Hamby Drive Suite A.
Greenville, SC 29615